Saturday, 9 April 2011
EIFL-OA announces winners of its Call for proposals for Open Access advocacy campaigns
On Apr 6th eIFL.net announced the winner projects of its Feb 14th Call for proposals for Open Access advocacy campaigns. 11 projects will be funded along 2011 by eIFL.net to carry out national and institutional open access advocacy campaigns.
Five of this eleven projects will take place in Africa, where national advocacy campaigns will be held in:
- Botswana, by Botswana Library Consortium and University of Botswana, and,
- Ghana, by the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Ghana c/o Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi-Ghana,
while institutional advocacy campaigns will be developed in:
- Malawi (Kamuzu College of Nursing Library, University of Malawi),
- Sudan (Faculty of Science, University of Khartoum), and,
- Zimbabwe (The University of Zimbabwe, Harare).
The other six will be carried out in Eastern Europe, where national advocacy campaigns will take place in:
- Estonia, by University of Tartu Library with the partners, Estonian Ministry of Education and Research, Estonian Ministry of Culture, Estonian institutions that have OA repositories, OA Journals in Estonia, UT colleges, faculties and institutes and other UT institutions (museums, open university) and Estonian E-University.
- Lithuania, by Lithuanian Research Library Consortium with the partners Lithuanian Academic Libraries Consortium for Maintenance and Development of Information Infrastructure for Science and Studies (LABIIMSPP), The Research Council of Lithuania, Lithuanian Scientific Society and The Association of Lithuanian Serials,
- Poland, by Nicolaus Copernicus University and Akademia Gorniczo-Hutnicza – University of Science and Technology,
- Slovenia, by Jožef Stefan Institute with the partners: University of Ljubljana, University of Maribor, University of Primorska, University of Nova Gorica, Scientific Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, National Institute of Chemistry, Institute of Oncology, Agricultural Institute of Slovenia, National and University Library, Central Technological Library of the University of Ljubljana, Library of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, The Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology and the Slovenian Research Agency, and,
- Ukraine, by Association “Informatio-Consortium” with the partners: Ukrainian Library Association, ELibUkr Consortium (15 Ukrainian universities), The Mohyla School of Journalism (National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy).
and an institutional one will be held in Latvia, implemented by The Library of the University of Latvia.